Installing this Add-In for Microsoft Word is as easy as downloading and then launching the executable installer file. In order to download click on this button (if the download doesn’t start, try right-clicking and then selecting “save object to file” or similar):
When the download completes, launch the installer (if using Microsoft Exporer or Edge, click on “Execute” near the bottom of the browser window; if using Chrome, click on the downloaded file in the download bar at the bottom of the browser window; if using Firefox, go to “Downloads” from the browser menu and click on the downloaded executable there). The installation process will launch and will probably take a few minutes, a few Microsoft components need to be downloaded and installed in order for the plugin to work. You may be requested to restart your computer in the process, if that is the case the installation will pick up again and complete after the restart. Once the installation has completed, every time you open Microsoft Word you’ll see a new menu “BibleGet I/O” with it’s own ribbon area. The icon buttons on the ribbon area allow you to set preferences for text formatting of the Bible quotes, see information about the plugin and renew data from the BibleGet server (such as supported Bible Versions, and Languages for the Books of the Bible that the BibleGet server can understand), get instructions for formulating Bible Quotes and using the Add-In, send donations or feedback. There are two ways of inserting Bible quotes into your document: by opening a dialog window where you can choose the Bible versions to quote from and type in your desired quote, or by writing the desired quote directly in your document and selecting it and clicking on the relative icon button. There are keyboard shortcuts for the icon buttons on the ribbon, when you press “ALT” you can see a hint. “ALT+q” is the shortcut for the BibleGet menu, which can then be continued for the single icon items.
Version 126.96.36.199 (July 8, 2020)
- Fixed a blocking error on Windows 7 systems that don’t have internationalization information for the latin language
Version 188.8.131.52 (June 27, 2020)
- Added further layout and display options for Bible version and Book/Chapter reference
- Added search functionality which allows to search for verses by keyword from any given Bible version, and insert Bible verses from the search results into the document
Version 184.108.40.206 (February 18, 2016)
- Added debug log functionality to help debug those situations where the AddIn is not working correctly for some reason (debug log created in AppData location on AddIn startup, “enable debug” button added to “Health Status” form), debug log file if existing automatically attached to feedback email
- Added secondary registration of registry keys to make sure keys are installed to actual user registry even in cases where user is not administrator but installation is performed with administrator privileges
- Added internal automatic update check (also added functionality on bibleget.io website that exposes the version information so that the plugin can communicate and obtain this information). Update check scheduled once every 7 days or when Server Data is renewed.
- First release of the BibleGet AddIn for Microsoft Word!
Let us know if the plugin is installing and working for you in your version of Microsoft Office Word, and remember you can always leave feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org (please don’t rate versions of Office that you have not tried it on):
|Microsoft Word 2007|
|Microsoft Word 2010|
|Microsoft Word 2013|
|Microsoft Word 2016|
|Microsoft Word 2019|
|Microsoft Word 365|